I am personally a huge fan of this recipe. But with farm-fresh kale, it goes to a whole other level. Even Aunt Pam didn’t know how to make this until my mom showed up. I can taste it just thinking about it. Crunchy but tender kale greens, is the very prominent taste, with just a hint of sweetness and sour from the dressing. Just amazing.
MARINATED KALE SALAD
Author: My mom
- 1-2 clove Garlic, finely diced
- 1 Lemon, juice from (about 3 tablespoons)
- 1 Tbsp Agave Nectar (You Can Substitute Your
- Favorite Sweetener)
- Pinch Himalayan Salt Or Sea Salt
- Pinch Pepper Or Pepper Like Seasoning-Such As Basil Or Cayenne Depending On Heat Preference
- 1⁄4 cup Flax Seed Oil Or Olive Oil
- 1 Bunch Kale
- 1 cup Cherry Tomatoes, halved
- 2 Avocados, chopped
- 1⁄4 head Purple Cabbage, chopped
- 1⁄4 Purple Onion, diced
- 1⁄4 cup Hemp Seeds Or Pumpkin Seeds
- Whisk together the garlic, lemon juice, agave, salt and pepper.
- Slowly pour oil into the mixture while still whisking. Set aside.
- Remove stems from kale leaves and tear into bite sized pieces.
- Combine kale with marinade. Massage for a few minutes to well coat, set aside.
- Prepare tomato, avocado, cabbage and onion.
- Stir into kale mixture and mix well.
- Top with 1⁄4 cup seeds and mix in.
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?
Tag @growingracegardens on Instagram