There is nothing like a cooked carrot dish that actually tastes great! This one has always been a winner.
Author: My Mom
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
- 1 lb of carrots, peeled and sliced 1/2 inch thick
- 1 small/medium onion, diced
- 2 Tbsps olive or avocado oil
- 2-3 Tbsp water
- 1 market bunch of fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1- 2 Tbsps dried dill, depending on your preference salt to taste
Place carrots and onion and oil in large pan with lid with 2 tablespoons of water on med/high heat. Steam lightly for about 5-7 minutes.. Turn down heat to low/medium. Then add parsley and dill and some salt, and a little more water if needed. Steam for a few minutes more till carrots are tender. Serve immediately or chilled as a cold salad. Salt to taste.
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?
Tag @growingracegardens on Instagram, we’d love to see a picture.