Oh man, these are just delicious. Especially when paired with haystacks, which, by the way, my definition of haystacks basically means what ever is available at the time. i. e. does not have to be limited to just sour cream and salsa, but there are so many other great sauces for that. Yum sauce, particularly is a favorite. Fresh salsa on top of these quesadillas, hits the spot. Bite of quesadilla, bite of haystack, bite of quesadilla, bite of haystack. You get the picture.
Spinach/Swiss Chard/Collard Quesadillas
- Author: Mom
- Prep time: 15 minutes
- Cook time: 5 minutes per Quesadilla
- Yield: 1 Quesadilla, 4 servings approx.
1 1/2- 2 cups chopped greens of your choice
3-4 oz of your choice mozzarella cheese shreds (Vegan or not, we’ve always had vegan, now if I made my own cheese…)
2 flour or rice tortillas of your choice (Can use gluten free or regular tortilla’s, or make your own…)
2 Tbsps of chopped onions, tomatos, and/or fresh cilantro (all optional)
- Put a large fry pan on low/medium heat and place a tortilla in the pan.
- Then layer on 1-2 oz of cheese, then greens and other optionals and then end with some more cheese and a tortilla.
- Let heat through to begin melting the cheese approximately 3-4 minutes, then flip over with a large metal spatula to warm the other side another 2-4 minutes. You want your tortilla to be slightly golden, and your cheese melted well.
- Cut like a pizza and serve with salsa, beans etc.
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?
Tag @growingracegardens on Instagram