Each one of the recipes here and on out
To start off, this is the best pie I’ve ever tasted in my life, period. And it’s Vegan,
Author: Adapted by Keith Hankins, eaten by me.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 60 minutes
Ingredients (one pie)
Oat Flour Crust (*see notes for grain-free/paleo option)
- 1 1/2 cups (180g) oat flour
- 1/3 cup (85g) nut/seed butter ((I used almond butter))
- 1/4 cup (90g) maple syrup
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1/4 cup (60g) water
Sweet Potato Pumpkin Filling
- 15oz (425g) pumpkin puree (The Marina Di Chioggia offers a unique flavor unlike anything else, though any gourmet or pie pumpkin will do)
- 1 cup (200g) baked sweet potato
- 1/2 cup (180g) maple syrup
- 1/4 cup (60g) non-dairy milk
- 1 tbsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 425F.
- For the crust, combine everything except water in a large mixing bowl. Mix/knead adding water as needed to form a sticky ball of dough.
- Roll out the dough between two pieces of wax or parchment paper. Use one piece of paper to flip the crust into a pie pan (I spray mine with coconut oil first just to be safe!)
- Press into the pan and crimp the edges. Set aside.
- Combine all the filling ingredients in a blender. Blend on high until smooth and creamy.
- Pour into the crust and smooth the top.
- Bake for 15 minutes at 425F. Reduce the heat to 350 and bake for an additional 40-45 minutes.
- Remove from the oven. Cool, or chill overnight. My fellow apprentice made 3 pies, and we ate one of them hot.
- Slice and serve with coconut whipped cream. Enjoy!
For the grain-free crust, combine 2 cups almond flour + 2 tbsp maple syrup + 2-3 tbsp water. Mix until sticky and clumpy adding water as needed. Press into a pie pan and up the sides.