This applies to our CSA (Community Supported Agriculture), Online Market, and Farm Stand customers.
For those receiving produce on a subscription basis (CSA-Community Supported Agriculture):
Share sizes and costs:
- Share size: A full share is 10 to 12 items per week average. A half share (5-6 items per week average) is half of a full share. You cannot drop or add shares during the season*.
- Delivery: No Delivery Fees. Farm pickup is also available. Delivered free in all of Berrien County, to your home or a pickup point.
- We want to make this affordable for anyone to have access to super nutrient dense, organically grown food! A full share is $31.50+ value per week. A half is $16+ . We have set prices that are competitive with organic produce in general, our goal is to pack at least that value per week. Combined with generosity and paying attention to what you wanted in your share.
*You can order as many full shares (+ one half) as you’d like when you sign up for the CSA.
Every Monday of the season we will send out a mail form (and a text) to give you the option to tell us what your preferences are for that week. You will literally get to pick from everything that’s available and even have a say in if you want lots or just a little bit of something. Once you figure out what to expect, It’s pretty easy. That said, some people love everything in any way, some have particular preferences. Either way, we’ll always try to serve you as best we can from what is available. If you don’t get to customize that’s ok, we will still deliver a share, with as much variety as possible. You can always text or call if there’s any comments, questions, or last minute changes.
The great advantage of being in the CSA is that you get the first pickings of the week. Delivered to you the same day it is harvested. With the exception of a few things which need to ripen, such as tomatoes. You get the highest quality, most nutrient dense, freshest and tastiest food to work with. And we really want to help you with menu preparation through the online recipes and our partners.
Tuesday is harvest day. Delivery happens that evening or Wednesday evening (for St. Joseph). CSA farm pickups happen that evening from 5-7 pm, or the next day.
“But I’m going to be gone, on vacation…”
- You can take as many weeks of vacation time per CSA season (meaning no delivery those weeks) if you choose (would have to let us know not to deliver). However, we are not refunding those weeks. Your produce will be either preserved, or donated.
- We strongly encourage having a friend try out your share for the time you’re gone, or have us surprise deliver to someone who would really appreciate having some fresh produce!
- In joining our CSA you are contracting Grow in Grace Market Gardens to provide you with food for the season.
- If there is a delivery address change, call or text us.
Terminating CSA contract:
If there is a situation that necessitates you leaving the CSA immediately, or canceling a reservation before it begins, you will pay for the following two weeks after termination. If you payed in full, you will be refunded the rest of the amount.
OR, you can transfer your share to someone else. We will work it out so you only pay up to the transfer and the new family pays for the rest.
Online Market Customers
More produce will be listed online in our store by Wednesday morning. We will send out an email to everyone and a text to regular customers. First come, first serve basis.
If you’re planning to order 10-20 items a week, we recommend joining the CSA. But when an item says (BULK), don’t even think twice!
There is a farm wallet accessed from the members page, where you can store credit to use over time. If you’re a regular customer, this works well for cash/check payments (you get 3% more credit to use this way). First order the credit online, and then when we confirm that we have the cash/check in hand, the credit will be added to the wallet.
Read the info at the top of the Online Market page for news on delivery situation.
Food Safety Statement
We recommend that you wash all your produce again after receiving it just as you would when from a grocer. Some things keep better unwashed (such as tomatoes and squash), though all baby greens are pre-washed. Regular hand washing is our aim of attack in keeping you safe, while monitoring our health to mitigate the risk of transmitting disease.
YOU ARE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR, AND ASSUME ALL RISKS RELATED TO, THE PROPER AND SAFE WASHING, HANDLING, PREPARATION, STORAGE, COOKING, USE AND CONSUMPTION OF THE PRODUCTS YOU RECEIVE FROM Grow in Grace Market Gardens. YOU ARE ALSO SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR KNOWING ABOUT ANY FOOD ALLERGIES YOU MAY HAVE AND VERIFYING THE PRODUCTS AND THEIR CONTENTS BEFORE HANDLING, PREPARING, USING OR CONSUMING SUCH PRODUCTS.
TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, YOU, ON BEHALF OF YOUR HEIRS, EXECUTORS, ADMINISTRATORS, LEGAL AND PERSONAL REPRESENTATIVES, HEREBY RELEASE, WAIVE, ACQUIT AND FOREVER DISCHARGE Grow in Grace Market Gardens FROM AND AGAINST, AND COVENANT NOT TO SUE ANY FARM MEMBER OR OTHER RELATED PARTY FOR, ALL CLAIMS YOU HAVE OR MAY HAVE ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY RELATED TO THESE TERMS, THE PRODUCTS OFFERED THROUGH THIS SERVICE, ANY AND ALL DAMAGES FROM ACCESS OR USE OF THIS SITE, AND THE ORDER AND RECEIPT OF PRODUCTS PURCHASED THROUGH THIS FARM.