SUMMER ZUCCHINI STICKS
Zucchini sticks are now one of my favorite summer meals; soft, flavorful, and delicious on the inside and crispy and crunchy on the outside. A perfect culinary experience, if you ask me. Talk about a great recipe to make with all that extra zucchini we have growing in our garden. Even if you don’t have a garden, zucchini is readily available in most grocery stores and certainly in the many farm stands that are active this time of year.
So, today I am going to share with you one of my favorites. I cannot say enough good things about this recipe. It’s a simple recipe, zucchini cut into wedges, dipped in a batter, breaded and baked to golden brown perfection in the oven.
I like to serve these zucchini sticks with a dipping sauce. One of my favorite dipping sauces for this recipe is my vegan ranch dressing. Click here for the recipe.
So if you are looking for something to make with all of the stunning summer zucchini that is so plentiful right now, I hope you give this recipe a try.
SUMMER ZUCCHINI STICKS
Zucchini sticks are now one of my favorite summer meals; soft, flavorful, and delicious on the inside and crispy and crunchy on the outside. A perfect culinary experience, if you ask me.
- 2–3 small to medium size zucchini
- 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup vegan parmesan (Click Here for the Recipe)
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic
- 1/16–1/8 teaspoon cayenne
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 cup water
- Preheat oven to 425F
- Prepare zucchini:
- Wash and cut the zucchini into 3-4 inch pieces
- Cut each piece in half, and then half again (quartered)
- Place zucchini pieces on a cooling rack, skin side down
- Sprinkle with sea salt and let it sit for 10-15 minutes
- In a separate shallow bowl, prepare the bread mixture
- Combine panko breadcrumbs, vegan parmesan, dried parsley, dried basil, paprika, garlic, and cayenne. Stir to combine.
- In another shallow bowl, make the batter by mixing the flour and water and stir until smooth
- With a paper towel, dab the excess moisture from the zucchini pieces
- Dip each zucchini piece in the batter, then in the breadcrumb mixture, place on a greased (or use a silicone mat) baking tray and repeat the process until all the pieces are done
- Bake for 20 minutes or until pieces are golden brown
- Serve with ranch dressing (Click Here for the Recipe)
I prefer to use the smaller to medium size zucchini as they quarter into the perfect size.
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?
Tag @chef.ani on Instagram